Thursday, September 13, 2007

So this is from MySpace

I admit, I'm totally just copying this from my MySpace page to feel special.

o, apparently been to long since the last mini-blog. Here's the deal about IKEA... umm it was 2005 and if you google my hubbie you can read all about it. We basically got all the furniture we own there. Including a rather infamous red leather couch.

I'm liking classes at Kennesaw State University. The coolest thing about grad school is that it's all about what I'm totally into: Social work with Children and Families. That and my new classmates are pretty cool and fun to talk to. *Becky that hanging preposition is for you.*

Went to Dragon*Con and got my nerd on. Yes that's me in the costume. I met some star trek people like the guys who played Riker, Data, and Q plus saw some super cool costumes. Oh, and of course the filking which i LOVE and the Klingon Beauty Pageant. It's getting to be so big a deal that we had to wait in line outside to get in.

I also went to the Decatur Book Fair with my bud June as well. You can check out her blog about it here: http://junebugsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/09/labor-day-convention.html We had a blast just poking around and listening to some kicking speakers. My new book is Sherman Alexie's "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven." I'll update as I go.

Hmmm in other news I'm getting excited about Germany trip in November with KSU and totally daydreaming with hubbie about packing up and leaving the country for a while after graduations. I totally googled social work jobs in Britain. Would be a great home base for Euro travel. Or just getting sponsorship for a travel vlog. If your rich and interested... or just interested, totally let me know and I'll keep you up to date.

1 comment: